I know a lot of bloggers do a “What I Ate Wednesday” post, but as I don’t think it’s all that exciting to relay what I’m eating and snap photos of my lunchtime salads, I think I’ll put a lil spin on this and change mine to a “What I Love Wednesday” post. There are always new things to get excited about each week!
Some things I’m lovin’ today:
1. Late July Sweet Potato Chips, which I’m currently snacking on as I write this. They seriously might be my favorite tortilla chips ever, and that’s a pretty high honor in my book. Late July dubs themselves “an independent, family owned company dedicated to making delicious organic, NON-GMO snacks,” and I totally agree with the “delicious” part. These chips rock.
2. Kind’s Cinnamon Oat Clusters granola. I can’t get enough of this one. I’m a big fan of both Kind’s products (the best gluten free granola I’ve had) and their mission: they’re dedicated to promoting a sense of “kindness” in their social justice initiatives, so the name encompasses more than just the concept of being kind to your body by feeding it healthy treats. A mission like that just makes me want to support this company even more.
3. Cucumber drinks. Is there any more perfect Summer drink than something light and refreshing and cucumber-y? I’m prone to ordering these drinks at any place that offers them, and I had an especially delicious one last night at Bocca di Bacco in Hell’s Kitchen (the one on 9th btwn 44th and 45th — there’s one up in the 50s as well). Their Summer cocktail menu boasted a drink called the Cucumber Julep, which was gin-based and included cucumbers, basil, simple syrup, lime juice and was topped with Prosecco. I asked the bartender to sub vodka for the gin and omit the simple syrup, and the result was perfect: light, crisp, not at all sweet, and entirely summery. (And, as you can see, a good size — one was more than enough!) Yum.
4. My morning runs this week. Suddenly, some kinder gods have decided we New Yorkers have been under the spell of humidity for too long and have bestowed upon us the most glorious, wonderful, San Diego-esque weather this week, and it’s made my morning runs absolutely ideal. I can only pray this weather stays throughout August. These lovely shots are from my 6-miler this morning, which was one of the nicest runs I’ve had in a while.
5. Finally finding white shorts that I actually like! Despite being a bit big in the waist (story of my life), I really like the fit of these basic cuffs by BlankNYC. I also reallllly like the fact that I got them on sale (like, wayyy on sale). Proud bargain shopper here.
Can’t wait to wear them at the lake this weekend…which brings me to the last thing I’m loving today…
6. …the fact that it’s Wednesday and I get to go back home upstate to my parents’ lakehouse. Four nights and four full days of lakeside bliss and nonstop fun with my family (including celebrating my parents’ 35th wedding anniversary — what an amazing couple!) sounds like Heaven right about now. I’ve been counting down the days since I returned to the city from there on Sunday night. This is what I’m loving most of all about this Wednesday.