ahhhh this has been a crazy busy week! i took Monday off from work for my birthday, and the rest seems to have flown by in a blur. definitely some good things going on over here lately, though, like:
1. running has been so goooood. i knocked out a stellar 13 miler last weekend at the lake. the distance was entirely unplanned, as i knew i’d be running mega hills, but i felt so good after having not run for four full days that i ran all the way from my parents’ house to Planet Fitness, where my brother met me and we did a little strength and ab sesh. i was uber happy with that run — it was such a beautiful, sunny morning, and life just was good.
i’ve had just a few shorter runs since then, as my legs have been rather sore all week, but the weather has been so lovely that it’s such a treat to run outside. June has really been killing it in NY with the beauty days.
2. Wild. i am a reading machine lately and finished another book last night: Wild by Cheryl Strayed. it was awesome — so inspiring, so unique, so girl-takes-world-by-the-throat-and-shakes-it-til-she-gets-everything-from-it-that-she-so-desires. it made me want to do things, like climb impossible hills and sleep under the stars and eat granola as the sun rises and move to California and just chase any and every dream that’s ever entered my little head. it makes you believe in things like simplicity and an open sky; like a world that really matters, without any of the extraneous stuff that just really doesn’t. it makes you want to truly live, and stop dreaming about all your one days and maybe ifs.
3. the World Cup. anyone else with me on loving this?? i played soccer throughout middle and high school and have always loved the sport and wish i a) was better at it and b) had started younger and been more serious about it. i love to watch it and i love soccer boys the most of all athletes, i do believe.
there are just so many charming men of the World Cup, how does a girl ever choose? 😉
i especially enjoy Ghana’s goalie, Adam Kwarasey,
4. summer hair, don’t care. i love love being a (dark dark) brunette, but i decided to give my good friend who does my hair full-rein to lighten it up as much as her little heart desired a few weeks ago, and it’s gotten even lighter from all the running and laying outside lately. and i’m liking it, for a lil sunkissed summer change. i think it always helps take away from the fact that i really don’t do much with my hair except (usually) wash it and let it go. 🙂
5. Montauk! one week from today, i’ll be heading out to the end of the Hamptons with some girlfriends for our first — and highly anticipated — surf town weekend of the summer. Montauk is delightful and charming in the best of beach town ways (especially for the East Coast), and i am so so so stoked to get away and chill with the girls, in the sun and the sand and the salty air. the thought of that will certainly be what gets me through next week.
and if you’ve ever seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, well, the very thought of this place probably makes you wistful and dreamy and a bit nostalgic for the very idea of a seascape love, whether you’ve known one or not.
Tell me one of your fave things from this week!
Something you’re looking forward to?