so i’m returning to the SBC (September Blog Challenge) posts and hitting today’s Thankful Thursday. i always enjoy posts that revolve around counting my blessings, as sitting down to purposefully and intentionally reflect upon the good in my everyday life is a habit i should probably engage in daily. it’s amazing how much that can boost your mood and alter your perspective.
today, i’m thankful for:
- friends who not only read and support my blog, but who also contribute to it by finding images they knowi’d like and sending them to me “for your blog”! like these, courtesy of one of my dearest friends:
adding her feet to my sidewalk wisdom collection:
and sending me this, because she and i both have the same gypsy soul thing going on.super sweet and much appreciated. it’s a wonderful thing, to have such thoughtful friends and feel so very loved by those who know you best. 🙂
- for a job in which i get to interact with a wide variety of people on a daily basis, and constantly meet new faces to add to my collection of friends.
- for Indian Summer/early fall days. September has been lovely in NYC thus far, andi simply adore the crisp, golden loveliness of Autumn in NY.
- for becoming an “aunt” sometime today — my bestest friend in the entire world is currently in labor!
- for a desk with a clear view of the Statue of Liberty. sometimes i take for granted that i look at this amazing landmark all day, every day.
- for the quirky & humorous things that make a business’s storefront window memorable & photo-worthy:
- and most of all, for promises like this:
Tell me something for which you’re thankful today!
6 thoughts on “SBC: Thankful Thursday”
I’m thankful for my health, my family for letting me live at home for awhile, the beautiful weather outside today, and, randomly enough, that I don’t have any food allergies! Random but I get to eat whatever I want, which is a gift!
being healthy enough to run.
That F.Scott Fitzgerald quote is my favorite quote of ALL time. It’s been my phone wallpaper for almost two years!! I am SO jazzed for fall I cannot even contain my excitement!!
I am so thankful for the Indian Summer we are having here in Oregon. It’s amazing to see the leaves changing colors, yet the air is still really warm and the days still long. I am thankful for some down time at work that has allowed me to visit one of my good friends and enjoy a relaxing girls weekend. The flexibility I have in my life is something I never want to take for granted.
Such great, fabulous things to be thankful for!! Love it!! I’m thankful for my husband and family!! XOXO!!
Congrats to your friend! That is so exciting! I’m thankful for the time I am currently getting to enjoy with my hubs. We haven’t had much time just to ourselves in a while, and so it is much appreciated.