i’m one of those people who likes to celebrate pretty much everything. (thanks for that, mom!) new job? new baby? new boyfriend? new dress you need to wear out? oh, you got bangs? great, let’s have champagne and dance on tables, sounds like you’re pretty much killing life right now.
you can never find too many reasons to be happy to be alive. amiright?
so here’s something that i always enjoy: the first of every month. it makes me happy to wake up and know i have a new month stretched out ahead of me, yet unscathed and brimming with potential for wonderfulness and surprises and wonderful surprises.
and October is just such a lovely month to welcome in.
i think it would behoove me (no idea where that came from but i’m going with it) to start setting goals for myself each month and adding some sort of measurable accountability to my life, so i can look back and see how/if i’ve progressed at all. and if i keep having to renew the same goals each month, well…i’ll know in which areas i’m lacking.
jk. (ish.) so here we go:
My October Goals
1. eat healthier. okay, so i am a really healthy eater, by most people’s standards. butttt there are ways in which i think i can eat healthier according to my own goals: portion control, no mindless snacking, easy on the chips & salsa, as little sweets as possible in any regard, stay away from things i know tempt me to eat more than i should — that sort of thing. clean it up entirely.
2. stretch more. it’s no secret that i’ve been having a lot of issues with leg muscles the past few months, and it’s super frustrating. i definitely need to make stretching and foam rolling part of my regular routine and pray this does wonders for these sore muscles.
3. spiritual disciplines. i want to get back into a regular routine of reading my Bible and journaling. makes such a difference for me.
4. focus on the good. let’s face it: we all whine about stuff. i know what i complain about, and i’d like to shift my mentality on those subjects and thereby work on shifting my actions toward them as well. i think by focusing more on the positives, it’ll help put those things into a paled perspective and change how i deal with them in my day-to-day life.
5. pumpkin errrrrthnggg. because that is what October is for, isn’t it? patches&coffee&beer&carving&goodies.
6. go hiking. or to an apple orchard. or both. i’m realllllly hoping i make this happen. i have a boat cruise to an Oktoberfest at a nearby mountain booked already, so i think that partially counts, as it’s an outdoorsy October-y activity i’ve been wanting to do for years now in NYC. love being outside at this time of year!
annnnd i think that’s enough goals for one month, hmmm?
Any goals for October, or things you really want to do/see/eat/experience during this month?