Happy New Year, my lovely friends! hope you all had safe & happy & healthy starts to 2016. i don’t know about you, but i’m thinking this is going to be one heck of a fantastic year and i’m stoked to see what unfolds in my life this year.
so, i (obviously) took a 2-week blog break over the holidays, when i was so busy living & relaxing & just enjoying every moment of every day, and the last thing i felt like doing was sitting in front of a computer. the only thing i didn’t get to do over Christmas break (is “Christmas break” still a thing if you’re not a student? i think it should be, so i took the week off and pretended i had zero responsibilities) that i was looking forward to was go snowboarding… but considering it was 65 degrees on Christmas Eve in Upstate NY and we were kicking around a soccer ball, i don’t think i can really complain too much about that.
instead, i spent 9 glorious days doing everything i wanted to do: spending time with my family & the best boyfriend ever & my wonderful girlfriends, & running & working out & sleeping & relaxing & watching movies & salsa dancing & drinking wine in sweatpants with people i love the most. it was truly, magnificently wonderful, and i couldn’t think of a more perfect way to spend the end of 2015…which, by the way, was a prettttty terrific year for me.
in recap, 2015 included some amazing elements:
- running (& training for!) my 2nd marathon in October
- standing beside my cousin as her maid of honor
- so many fun domestic vacations with friends & family (Austin, Amelia Island, Miami, Santa Barbara, Montauk)
- finishing my 3 years of course work for my Master’s & starting the clinical piece
- lots of weekends at home with the family at the lake, which grounds me
- committing to writing more often, whether it be my blog, pieces for MOGUL, or pieces for my friends & family
- meeting (for the second time!) my person & spending the last three months of the year deliriously happy because of him
yes, this was a great year, and i hope it continues to carry over into 2016. i’d like to keep this streak going. 🙂
in 2016, i look forward to hopefully:
- running another marathon (and some smaller races)
- making a lot more progress on my clinicals for grad school
- traveling to some fantastic places (i’d love to do Italy and/or Costa Rica!)
- eat even healthier/cut out all junk food/get as fit as possible
- spend as much time as i can investing in my relationships with my family, closest friends & the boy — because this is what matters most & makes my world such a beautiful place to inhabit
- write more creative stuff
i hope 2016 is starting off wonderfully for you, friends. cheers to the beginning of a new year — a new start, a fresh take — and i hope it finds you at your very best.
thanks for being a part of my life this past year!! love you all.
16 thoughts on “2016, i’m so ready for you”
Happy 2016 Shawna!!! What an amazing year you had and I’m sure another great year is in store for you! Looking forward to it. I should make it a goal to be generally healthier too but I’d probably mostly fail at that one LOL. ❤
happy 2016, girl!! hope to see you SOON this year!
You really had a great 2015.
I’m not sure how you can top that for 2016 but I hope you do.
And I’ll get you to see you in the flesh.
thank you, and yes i hope we get to see each other this year!!
WAHHOOO! What a year, and what a year to come. I fully support the blog break, and think living life outside of the web always wins.
Yes the holiday blog break was quite nice! Cheers to you and to a stellar 2016!
I too have already decided that 2016 is going to be THE year of AWESOMENESS!! 😉 I’m all on board for healthier eating habits. I need help. The struggle is real here. Lol. happy new year Shawna!!
well hopefully we can all motivate each other via blog love/encouragement. 🙂 thanks, Jess — happy new year to you!
One of my goals for the year is also to eat healthier! Any tips?! I really struggle with this!
hi Rachel! i just tried to leave a comment on your blog but it won’t let me for some reason. feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and i’m happy to chat with you about healthier habits/eating!
Cheers to 2016! You are truly in an amazing time in your life–so seize that oyster! (aka the world is your oyster…)
i plan on doing just that, girl. thanks! 🙂 happy 2016 to YOU, my little run coach!
Awesome year and awesome plans! So excited for you. I feel like a slacker when I see you want to eat even healthier. I just ate animal crackers as a post breakfast, I’m still hungry, snack!
mmm i love animal crackers and used to eat them daily in college! i had to make myself stop buying them b/c it was out of control. 🙂
Happy New Year!!! I hope you travel to Costa Rica in 2016 so I can live vicariously through you and pick your brain about the trip. Someday I hope to make it there. 🙂
Happy new year! Such a lovely positive post! Hope your 2016 will be fabulous! 🙂