I have a great product review to share with you today — one that was entirely new to me before this week, and of which I became an immediate fan. If you’re a coffee lover like I am, I’m confident that CoffeeBars will be right up your caffeinated alley.
CoffeeBars are aptly named, given that each one of these all-natural bars contains a full cup of coffee. Created by two college students during their first year of college (I wish I had been doing something as cool at that time in my life!), they’re 100% organic, gluten-free, non-GMO and vegan, and available to ship worldwide.
· Full cup of coffee in every bar
· 100% organic, vegan, non-GMO and gluten-free
· Uses natural caffeine from fair trade coffee
· Eight-month shelf life
· Gives back by partnering with the non-profit organization Chain Collaborative, and its affiliate Planting Hope, which has programs to support migrant coffee-pickers and their families in Nicaragua. To date, the company has helped 30+ students stay in classes for an entire year!
· $2.99 for a bar, $8.99 for a sample pack and $29.99 for a box (12 bars)
· Available for purchase on NewGroundFoods.com and ships worldwide
My personal review
I realllllly like them and was super impressed, and would absolutely buy these on the regular. I tried each of the 3 flavors they offer: Coconut Mocha, Mocha Latte, and Caramel Macchiato. As a big coconut fan, that was my hard favorite, followed by mocha and then caramel (to be expected, as I’ve never been a caramel girl — but I didn’t mind it as much in this form, as it’s not the gooey kind), and I really liked the consistency of the bars and the fact that they actually taste like coffee! (Side note: the first ingredient in them is dates, which is the same as Larabars.) As one who loves the flavor of coffee and can happily munch dark chocolate espresso beans, these bars were a hit for me. They’re not sweet, despite the cocoa nibs that add a nice little punch, and they’re so different than any other bars I’ve had, in a good way. I can see myself wanting these on the regular.
I also love to support companies with a social justice component in their business plan, so that holds great appeal for me as well. Check out their “Locations” map on their site to see if they sell these bars anywhere near you, or order right from their site or on Amazon.
DISCOUNT: New Grounds Food has also been so kind as to offer all RTA readers a 15% discount on all orders made from their site! Use the code RUNTHISAPPLE at checkout.
Happy coffee noshing!