Hey-o, Friday eve! Happy almost-weekend, Think Out Loud Thursday – linking up with Amanda @ Running With Spoons to do just that!
1. Bunnies. All the bunnies! They’ve overtaken my office building and I absolutely love it.
This perfect-for-Spring public art installation is called Intrude by Australian artist Amanda Parer and showcases giant inflatable, illuminated bunnies sprawling all over the place.
How amazing are these guys?! So fat & happy & lazy & adorable. I want one.
Fun fact about me: I was obsessed with bunnies (especially albino) as a child and not only did we have real ones (after years of begging I finally did get my albino baby dwarf bunny and promptly named her Snowball!), but my room and life were cluttered with every bunny stuffed animal and object a girl could possibly dream of acquiring. Seeing this exhibit hit my workplace (did I mention I work in an amazing building/area?!) this past week just made my week, and it arrived right in time for the glorious weather.
2. I can always count on the wine store on my corner for some post-run humor.
3. I made a white bean dip the other night and put cabernet in it, and it was delicious — and purple. That made me really happy because I still think life should include as many art projects as possible and if you end up with one inadvertently, that’s bonus points. I wish I could say I had a recipe for you but really I just emptied a can of cannellini beans into a food processor, added a little salt, and poured in some wine (twice). And it was amazing.
4. I think I bought these half because I love them and half because the word made me feel like a giggly little girl:
“Figlets”?! Am I the only one new to this word? It kills me with cuteness. I’m finishing the bag as I write this post and can’t wait to buy more — they were delicious and soft and perfect. And have the cutest name ever and I feel like baby pigs should eat them. Some words just seem built to have “lets” on the end and made into cute little versions of their normal-sized selves, and I guess figs are a case in point for that!
5. This video is everything.
I probably should start watching this weekly. I desperately wish I’d written it and it basically sums up my internal struggle and overall life perspective. LOVE.
6. So I recently realized that I’m somehow not registered to vote (whoops) and should probably change that. I incorrectly assumed that when I changed my address on my license to New York City (over 5 years ago) that I’d be automatically registered to vote here. Wrong. So I sent in my application last month…only to have my registration returned with my last name spelled incorrectly. I’m taking this as a sign that I really need to start educating myself better politically before I even consider voting this fall…
and anyway, this makes me smile every time so there’s that.
7. I’m going to Chicago next week (woot!) and stoked about it! I haven’t really spent any time there ever and will have lots of free time, so please send me suggestions of things to do & places to see & running routes to explore & establishments at which to wine & dine & any other wonderful silliness to be had.
Have a lovely Thursday, friends. ❤
Tell me something random or silly from your week!
Favorites things about Chicago?
What will you regret not doing or becoming or seeing or learning if you don’t accomplish it?
9 thoughts on “Thinking Out Loud”
O-M-G with the bunnies!!!!! I HAVE to see this! As a fellow bunny owner and lover, I think this is one of the bestest things you’ve ever posted and it makes me so hoppy (<– I did that on purpose ^_^). Have you seen them at night yet?! I don't even know how many stuffed animal rabbits and beanie baby bunnies I had growing up but it was ALOT 🙂
haha i was thinking of you when i posted this! i haven’t seen them at night – let’s make a date to get drinks downtown at my fave spot here and see them (as that place, le District, is right where the bunnies are!). haha twinning. 🙂
YES let’s make it happen! I’ll text you soon 😉
Love all the bunnies! Snowball was the cutest bunny. I have so many wonderful memories of you and your bunnies.
haha she was so cute! 🙂
love those bunnies.
Go to the art museum to Seurat’s Sunday in the park.
Those bunnies are just too much. What a great view! I have to say that the one must in Chicago is go for a run along the Lakefront Path. Lake Michigan is truly the bright point of Chicago. Fresh, crystal clear water….you can’t beat it and the views of the city are amazing.
yesssss i want to do this!! thanks!
THOSE BUNNIES! Can I have one? 😀