Hi friends! How’s May treating you?
I have zero excuses for my two-week blogging hiatus. Of course I missed you guys, but LIFE! I’m glad I can link up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thursday’s Thinking Out Loud post today, because a healthy dose of randomness sounds up my alley right now.
1. Travel. I was in Colorado last week for a quick 3.5 day trip, which was definitely too short but all sorts of fun. I love so many things about that state and will take any opportunity to get back there! Tyler’s brother lives outside of Boulder (a city I really like), so we went for his MBA graduation. Of course I’ve been looking at lofts in Boulder online for the past week now, because that’s what I do every time I go anywhere cool. #wanttoliveeverywhere
2. Fit Cities. So, this article was just published on the Fittest Cities in America. NYC didn’t make the top 10, but Denver, San Francisco and San Diego did (not to mention Seattle and Portland, two cities I’ve been so wanting to visit), so I’m doing the logical thing and taking this as a sign I should move West. As if I needed more of those.
3. Run. This Saturday, I’ll run my favorite half marathon for the 4th consecutive year: The Airbnb Brooklyn Half. I’ve had great experiences running this the past 3 years, so I’m hoping this one follows suit. I’m definitely not over-trained (to say the least), but I think it’ll be manageable and hopefully fun. 🙂 It’s the boy’s first half, so that’s exciting, and I’m thankful we can do this together (even though he’ll probably finish wayyyy before me).
I don’t actually have any goals for this race other than to feel good, enjoy it, and finish under 2 hours. Not too much to ask, I don’t think!
4. Watch. If you haven’t seen the film Brooklyn and you have any sort of heart for the beauty of humanity and a touching coming-of-age story whatsoever, you must see it. I adored this movie sooooo much – one of the loveliest, sweetest films I’ve ever seen. I can’t say enough about how much I enjoyed it.
5. Read. I’m currently finally reading Oscar Wilde’s class The Picture of Dorian Gray and really rather enjoying it. His writing is so whimsical and thought-provoking and unique, and I need to make a note to read more of his works.
6. Drink. Boy & I lucked upon a delicious cabernet by Martin Ray Winer at a lovely restaurant called Colterra in Niwat, Colorado, and I need to track it down and buy some asap. It was one of my favorite cabs I’ve had in a while, right up there with my beloved Josh by Joseph Carr:
I feel like I try so many different cabs all the time and always hope I’ll stumble upon a gem, and this one was such a welcome surprise. Crossing my fingers I can find it!
That’s all for me today — hope you’re all doing well!
Reading anything good?
Discover any new wines lately that I should try?
Anyone else have a race this weekend (or next)?
8 thoughts on “Thinking Out Loud”
Good luck in your half! Don’t forget Salt Lake in your list of fit cool cities out west. I loved Brooklyn – although it made me so incredibly homesick I was blubbering through the whole thing.
thank you, lady! i did see SLC on the list — i still need to get there! so many amazing cities out west that i have yet to explore. ahhh yes it was such a moving and emotional story, and i can imagine so much so for you!
Goodluck at your race this wkend. I have never visited Colorado. I will get there one day. I am currently ready The girl on the Train. Pretty good!
thanks! ahhh you have to get there. it’s so beautiful. i read that book — was on the fence about it though. didn’t love the main character!
Good luck this weekend! Denver seriously is a haven for fit people. They honestly never stop moving over there, which is impressive with the altitude and all of that, lol.
haha i know right? we ran 3 of the 4 days there and i struggled every time.
thank you! praying it goes well!
Helllooo Seaatttllleeee 😉
Haha…I can totally relate. I have spent several hours snooping Colorado real estate with no immediate plans of moving there. Its just such a cool place.
Have you tried Justin Cab? My FAVORITE 🙂