holaaa, friends! i’ve sorta been MIA this week, i know. lots going on and little time to sit down and write.
i don’t know about where you live, but it’s getting chilly here in NYC and certainly feels like Winter is clawing at our heels. my mom texted me this morning to say they got 2 inches of snow last night upstate! as much as i love snowboarding, i’m not sure i’m quite ready for some mid-November snow to start flying around here. my bike ride to work this morning was def on the chilly side, despite the sun.
in related news, i can now say “it is cold” and “it is sunny” in Spanish. so if i ever get lost in Spanish Harlem, South America or Spain, i can still make friends and talk about the weather. & that makes me happy. #itsthelittlethings
so for today’s Friday Five, i’m going to break it up in terms of some regular categories that comprise my day-to-day life.
1. running. it’s.been.so.darn.good. i’m so thankful to feel like my “real running self” again and be over the misery of feeling so bad for myself and whining about the pain. i actually had moments where i despaired that i’d never run like i had before again. i wasn’t even comparing myself to anyone else — i was comparing myself to the healthy, happy, running-loving-pain-free version of my former self, and i missed her so much and was scared she’d disappeared forever and i’d never regain her. drama queeeeeen much?
welp, that’s behind me, thank the Lord. and it changes everything about my weeks (and mental state!).
this past week’s line up:
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: 5 miles (w/ a girlfriend)
Monday: 60 minutes circuit training/boot camp
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: 4.5 miles
Friday (today): 60 minutes circuit training/boot camp
2. school. i handed in a 15-page paper this week for my Sexuality class (aka best class everrrrr), which felt amazing. the English major nerd in me gets so hyped to write a long paper and hand it in. our big project/ final assignment for this class was to choose something related to human sexuality that either made us uncomfortable, or was out of our normal frame of reference, or that we just really knew little about or had limited experience with, and experience it and write about it. here’s my final project:
i won’t go too in-depth into the reasons i chose this topic, but i can say it was a rather interesting paper to write and definitely opened me up to new ways of thinking. if you can’t tell from the title, i really disliked the book (as i expected i would) and would have never chosen to read it had this assignment not presented itself.
but handing in that paper on Tuesday felt oh-so-good. 🙂
3. work. okay, well, sort of work. one of the best parts about my job: the view from my desk.
4. inspiring words. i search for these every single day. i need these every single day. sometimes, i stumble upon words so poignant & lovely that i ache inwardly over the fact that i didn’t think to pen them first.
5. goin’ places. it’s the beauty and the curse of a wanderlust soul: if you’re not actively planning your next trip, you’re constantly dreaming about places you’d like to go and spending countless hours on Pinterest and WeHeartIt looking at pictures of allllll the places.
i’m happy to say i’ll be booking a flight over the weekend to visit one of the cities in the US to which i’ve never been and have been really wanting to see: Austin, Texas! i’ve wanted to visit for yearssss, and we’re having my cousin’s wine-touring bachelorette weekend there in January, so i’ll finally have a great reason to go.
this makes my third trip to Texas in 9 months, to 3 diff cities: San Antonio, Dallas, and now Austin. i have to say, i’ve had a great time in the other two and am stoked to explore the third.
yeeehaw and stuff, right? except that i’ll be at wineries and having lots of girlie time, so, like, not really, cowboys. but maybe. 🙂
happy weekend, my lovelies!! xo
Tell me something great from your week, in any of these categories above.
Where’s a city in the US you want to visit that you haven’t?
Anyone been to/know Austin? Tell me something good about it!